The online workshop is evolving daily. Today, I removed project dates and added Project 5, about women in history/unsung/silenced. My goal is to populate each project with enrichment resources, including scholarly writing (usually not available in thelocal public library), media & internet links, and other sources to augment participants' choices--with they will synthesize into our collaborative discussions. Also embedded in these workshops are technology lessons--I hope to introduce other tools beyond the wiki, for participants to explore on their own, and share learnings with the group. Other postings on this blog--under other topics (such as reading) will supply theoretical background that inform my strategies and decisions will be discussed as this workshop develops.
Today, I subscribed to the wiki for a year for some features (such as no ads)...this workshop may evolve into other projects, so will give it a try and make the investment.
Membership has grown, so now there are five of us, (including my faculty mentor and myself), and hope to grow even more--this week.
Tomorrow offers an opportunity to meet, face-to-face, with prior invitees and field any question or concerns. I will also provide a written invitation/handout that clarifies learning objectives and some inital guidance on how the wiki experience works. I will post the handout next visit.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
KLTing:
I perceive an interesting evolution of your academic thinking, not just of the tech capabilities of your wiki. Congratulations!
The distance educator
Post a Comment